From gym memberships to onsite yoga therapy, many of today’s most notable corporations are utilizing resources to help their employees stay healthy and happy while at work. Because today’s busy employees are often tempted by the convenience of calorie-laden coffee or fat-packed vending machine munchies, office fruit delivery is a great option for businesses of all sizes looking to implement an affordable wellness program that will both benefit employees and help save money at the same time.
Studies have shown time and again that wellness programs lead to increased productivity, less absenteeism, and a notable decrease in long-term healthcare costs, and office fruit delivery is a great way to improve employee relations and boost morale at businesses ranging from major conglomerates to small mom-and-pop shops.
Consider the results of the following research study, conducted in 2011 and funded by the Centers for Disease Control and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Among its many findings, the study concluded that
- Workers who has easy access to fresh fruit had a substantial increase in their overall consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Workers with access to fresh fruit in the workplace benefit from a variety of chronic disease risk-reduction benefits
- Workers with access to fresh fruit while at work were likely to continue to purchase and consume fruit on their own terms
In summary, not only does the availability of fresh fruit in the workplace make days at the office that much sweeter, but it also leads to an abundance of health-related benefits, and, ultimately, happier employees. Furthermore, companies are increasingly turning to workplace health and wellness programs for the broad assortment of benefits they provide, such as
- Better employee attendance and less absenteeism
- Increased productivity in the workplace
- Fewer instances of preventable chronic conditions
- Stronger office morale, and improved employee retention as a result of improved morale
- Increased employee engagement
Not only does fresh fruit delivery help promote health and wellness in the workplace, but it’s also an effortless way to support local small businesses. Companies like the FruitGuys seek out seasonal produce that is sustainably sourced from nearby farms and delivered directly to the workplace in environmentally friendly packing crates. Hungry nine-to-fivers can then nibble on the season’s best bounty while benefitting from the abundance of health benefits fruits and vegetables provide.
Thousands of companies are reaping the benefits of office fruit delivery programs, and there are a number of other delivery companies like the FruitGuys who are in the business of helping millions of employees realize the value in wellness implementation. To adopt an affordable program that leads to increased productivity, better employee retention, less absenteeism, and improved overall health and wellness, consider the implementation of a fresh fruit delivery program.